The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, January 21. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Offers Israel Healing from Sin
Passage: Numbers 21:4–9
Principle: God is merciful and faithful.
Praise: “I Will Sing of the Mercies”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Why did Israel complain?
- How did God punish the Israelites?
- Did the people admit they had sinned?
- How did God offer healing from the snakebites?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By not complaining about God’s provision.
- By remembering God’s faithfulness in the past.
- By trusting Jesus as Savior.
This Week: As a family, read Numbers 21:4–9.
Next Week: Numbers 22–24
Memory Verses: “…everyone who looks to the Son and believes in [the Son] shall have eternal life…” John 6:40*
* Preschool verse in bold print