The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, February 12. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Ordains the Passover
Passage: Exodus 12–13
Principle: God is merciful and sovereign.
Praise: “There Is a Redeemer”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- What was God’s final judgment on Egypt?
- Did Pharaoh let the Israelites go?
- What do Jews remember when they celebrate Passover?
- Who is the Passover lamb for Christians?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By praising God for His awesome power and mercy.
- By trusting Christ as the final Passover lamb.
- By telling others about Christ’s death for sin.
This Week: As a family, read Exodus 12–13.
Next Week: Exodus 14–15
Key Verse: Exodus 12:17
“So you shall observe the Feast of Unleavened Bread, for on this same day I will have brought your armies out of the land of Egypt. Therefore you shall observe this day throughout your generations as an everlasting ordinance”