The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, February 5. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Paul Is an Example of Christ
Passage: Acts 20:17–38
Principle: The correct response before God is humble obedience, no matter the cost.
Praise: “Humble Thyself in the Sight of the Lord”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- What did Paul share with the people of Athens?
- How did various people respond to Paul’s message?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By being sad when people worship something other than God.
- By warning nonbelievers that they will be judged by Christ.
This Week: As a family, read Acts 20:17–38.
Next Week: Acts 27
Memory Verse: “Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.”
1 Corinthians 11:1*
* Preschool verse in bold print