SUNDAY SCHOOL LESSON: FEBRUARY 10
The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School
classes on Sunday, February 10. We would encourage you to use
the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
The Life of Solomon
Read: 1 Kings 2:1-4; 3:1-15; 8:1-9:9; 11
Ask your child:
- What did Solomon request from God? Wisdom
- Why was God pleased with Solomon’s request? Wisdom would help Solomon honor God and lead Israel to do the same.
- What did Solomon build for God? The temple.
- What did God expect from Israel’s kings? Complete devotion to the Lord.
- Why did God punish Solomon? Solomon married many pagan wives and led Israel into idolatry.
Emphasize this principle: God wants our full devotion. Therefore, we should pursue him faithfully.
- Ask God for wisdom to faithfully obey Him.
- Pray for deliverance from tempation.
- Spend regular time reading God’s Word.
Praise: “More Precious Than Silver”
Prepare for next week: 1 Kings 11:35–38; 12:1–33; 14:1–18
Memorize for Feb 10-Mar 3: “Your word I have treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against You.” Psalm 119:11
* Preschool verse in bold