The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School
classes on Sunday, December 22. We would encourage you to use
the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
The King Is Born
Read: Matthew 1:1-2:12
Ask your child:
- What does Jesus’ name mean? “The Lord will save.”
- Why did God come to earth as a man? Jesus came to save His people from their sin.
- Who were the magi? Scholars who were likely descended from Israelites exiled during the Babylonian captivity.
- What did the magi do when they came to Jesus. The worshiped Him and presented Him with gifts.
Emphasize this principle: Jesus is the Messiah. Therefore, we should rejoice and draw near to him.
- Thank God for sending Jesus to rescue sinful men.
- Worship and devote yourself to Jesus.
Praise: “O, Come All Ye Faithful”
Prepare for next week: Read Judges 1-3
Memorize for Dec 8-Dec 29: Jesus answered, “I am the way and the
truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6 (NIV)*
* Preschool verse in bold