The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, December 16. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Gives Jericho to Israel
Read: Joshua 6
Praise: “Trust and Obey”
Ask your child:
- What happened when the people of Israel shouted? The walls of Jericho fell.
- Why did God bring down the walls of Jericho in this way? To bring glory to Himself and to demonstrate that He gives victory to those who trust and obey Him.
Emphasize this principle: God uses our obedience to accomplish his will. Therefore, we should trust and obey Him.
- Remember that difficult situations are opportunities for God to glorify Himself.
- Obey the Lord and trust Him for the results.
- Repent and flee to Christ from God’s judgment.
Prepare for next week: Read Matthew 1:1-2:12
Memorize for Dec 9-Dec 30: “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” John 3:16*
* Preschool verse in bold