The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School
classes on Sunday, December 15. We would encourage you to use
the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Gives Jericho to Israel
Read: Joshua 6
Ask your child:
- What happened when the people of Israel shouted? The walls of Jericho fell.
- Why did God bring down the walls of Jericho in this way? To bring glory to Himself and to demonstrate that He gives victory to those who trust and obey Him.
Emphasize this principle: God uses our obedience to accomplish his will. Therefore, we should trust and obey Him.
- Remember that difficult situations are opportunities for God to glorify Himself.
- Obey the Lord and trust Him for the results.
- Repent and flee to Christ to escape righteous God’s judgment.
Praise: “Trust and Obey”
Prepare for next week: Read Matthew 1:1-2:12
Memorize for Dec 8-Dec 29: Jesus answered, “I am the way and the
truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6 (NIV)*
* Preschool verse in bold