The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, August 5. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Gives Solomon Wisdom
Passage: 1 Kings 2:1–4; 3:1–15
Principle: We are unable to obey God without His help.
Praise: “Create in Me a Clean Heart”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- How did David tell Solomon to live?
- What did Solomon ask for, and how did God give it to him?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By asking God for the wisdom to obey Him.
- By assessing whether his requests are motivated by God’s glory.
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of I Kings 2:1–4; 3:1–15.
Next Week: 1 Kings 8:1–9:9
Memory Verse: But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. James 1:5
* Preschool verse in bold print