The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, August 28. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Man Rebels Against God
Read: Genesis 2:15–17; 3:1–24
Ask your child:
- How did Adam and Eve sin against God? They rebelled by eating forbidden fruit.
- What were the results of their sin? Physical and spiritual separation from God.
Emphasize this principle: God judges sin. Therefore, we should repent and obey.
- Carefully obey God’s instructions.
- Repent from sin and trust God.
Prepare for next week: Read Genesis 6:5-7:24; Genesis 8:1-9:17
Memorize Aug 21-Sep 18: “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.” Matthew 22:37-40*
* Preschool verse in bold print