The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, August 27. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Man Rebels Against God
Read: Genesis 2:15–17; 3:1–24
Ask your child:
- How did Adam and Eve sin against God? They rebelled by eating forbidden fruit.
- What were the results of their sin? Physical and spiritual separation from God.
Emphasize this principle: God judges sin. Therefore, we should repent and obey.
- Carefully obey God’s instructions.
- Repent from sin and trust God.
Prepare for next week: Read Genesis 6:5-7:24; Genesis 8:1-9:17
Memorize Aug 20-Sep 10: “So we make it our goal to please Him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it.” 2 Corinthians 5:9 (NIV)*
* Preschool verse in bold print