The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, August 21. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Jesus Confronts the Pharisees
Passage: Matthew 21:33–46
Principle: There is a terrible consequence for rejecting Christ.
Praise: “Rock of My Salvation”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- How did the Jewish leaders respond to Christ?
- What did Jesus teach the Pharisees in the parable of the landowner?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By submitting to Jesus Christ as Lord.
- By warning those who reject Christ of the coming judgment.
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of Matthew 21:33–46.
Next Week: Matthew 25:14–30
Memory Verse: “He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.” John 3:36*
* Preschool verse in bold print