The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, August 20. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Creates the Heavens and the Earth
Read: Genesis 1:1–2:3, 7, 18-24
Ask your child:
- Who created the heavens and the earth? God
- What did God say about everything He had made? It was good
- Why did God make man? For His glory
Emphasize this principle: God created all things to bring Him glory. Therefore, we should show the world what he is like.
- Praise God for making the heavens and the earth.
- Obey God, who made us.
- Live in a way that displays the character of God to others.
Sing: “God of Wonders”
Prepare for next week: Read Genesis 2:15–17; 3:1–24
Memorize Aug 20-Sep 10: “So we make it our goal to please Him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it.” 2 Corinthians 5:9 (NIV)*
* Preschool verse in bold print