The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, August 18. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Creates the Heavens and the Earth
Passage: Genesis 1:1–2:3, 7, 18-24
Principle: God created all things to bring Him glory. Therefore, we should show the world what he is like.
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Who created the heavens and the earth? God
- What did God say about everything He had made? It was good
- Why did God make man? For His glory
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- Praise God for making the heavens and the earth.
- Obey God, who made us.
- Living in a way that displays the character of God to others.
Praise: “God of Wonders”
This Week: As a family, read Genesis 1:1–2:3.
Next Week: Genesis 2:15–17; 3:1–24
Memory Verse: “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.” Matthew 22:37-40*
* Preschool verse in bold print