The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, April 29. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Israel Disobeys God
Passage: Judges 1–3
Principle: Believers are to obey God and fear the devastating consequences of sin.
Praise: “Create in Me a Clean Heart”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- What was the cycle of Israel’s disobedience and God’s response?
- What was a judge, and what job did he or she have in Israel?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By praying that God will reveal idols in his heart.
- By thanking God for showing mercy to sinners.
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of Judges 1–3.
Next Week: Judges 6–8
Memory Verse: “Repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord…” Acts 3:19*
* Preschool verse in bold print