The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, April 26. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
John Calls the Disciples
Read: Matthew 4:12-25
Ask your child:
- What did Jesus ask His disciples to do? “Follow Me.”
- What did Jesus say He would make His disciples? Fishers of men.
- What was Jesus’ message? “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”
Emphasize this principle: Jesus calls people to Himself. Therefore, we should follow Him and urge others to do the same.
- Praise God for calling sinners into a relationship with Him.
- Embrace Jesus as Lord and obey His Word.
- Cultivate a relationship with Jesus through Bible study and prayer.
- Share the hope Jesus offers with others.
Prepare for next week: Matthew 8:18, 23-34
Memorize for Apr 26-May 31: “If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:8-9 (ESV)*
* Preschool verse in bold