The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, April 23. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Creates the Heavens and the Earth
Passage: Genesis 1:1–2:3
Principle: Everything God made was good.
Praise: “Trust and Obey”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Who created the heavens and the earth?
- What did God say about everything He had made?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By thanking God for making the heavens and the earth.
- By praising God because He is wise and good.
This Week: As a family, read Genesis 1:1–2:3.
Next Week: Genesis 1:26–29; 2:7, 18–24
Memory Verse: “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth” Genesis 1:1*
* Preschool verse in bold print