The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, April 22. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Holy Living in the Promised Land
Passage: Joshua 23–24
Principle: Believers must obey God wholeheartedly while living in a sinful, idolatrous world.
Praise: “Holy Lord”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Why was living with the Canaanites dangerous for Israel?
- What was Joshua’s charge to the Israelites?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By doing what God’s Word says, no matter what other people say.
- By trusting God and serving Him wholeheartedly.
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of Joshua 23–24.
Next Week: Judges 1–3
Memory Verse: “Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve…As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.” Joshua 24:15*
* Preschool verse in bold print