SUNDAY SCHOOL LESSON: APRIL 14
The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School
classes on Sunday, April 14. We would encourage you to use
the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
1 Samuel-Esther Review
Read: 1 Samuel-Esther
Ask your child:
- Why did Israel ask for a king? They wanted to be like other nations.
- What happened when Israel strayed into idolatry? The kingdom was divided and eventually the people were exiled.
- What happened when Israel repented? God restored Israel.
Emphasize this principle: God offers abundant life to His people. Therefore, we should repent and devote ourselves to him.
- Praise God for being faithful to His people and promises.
- Repent of sin and cling to the Lord.
Praise: “Create In Me a Clean Heart”
Prepare for next week: Matthew 3:1-17
Memorize for Apr 14-May 5: “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
* Preschool verse in bold