In our Adult Bible Fellowships we learned in our bible study over the Gospel of Mark that Mark wrote to Christians in Rome to encourage and strengthen their faith. And He focuses the narrative on two main questions.
- Who is Jesus? (1:1-8:30)
- What does Jesus expect from those who follow him? (8:31-16:8)
So far we have seen that the Gospel of Mark answers the first question as follows
- Mark 1:1-13 = Jesus is Yahweh, God Himself Come to earth
- Mark 1:14-20 = Jesus is on a mission, to call people to repent and believe in the Gospel.
- Mark 1:21-45 = Jesus has authority over Satan and Sickness
- Mark 2:1-3:6 = Jesus has authority over Sin and the Law
- Mark 3:13-4:34 = Jesus separates true followers from those who are fake.
- Answer #6: Without Faith, Jesus is the one who is seen but not recognized and the one who is heard but not understood
So in preparation for ABF on Sunday please read the passages listed below and think about the following discussion questions.
- How is the man described? What would it be like to live near a person in this state? What would it be like to live in this state?
- What is similar to the storm with the disciples and the demon-possessed man?
- What do you note about the response of the townspeople, and how is it similar to the disciples after the storm.
- What stands out to you from the exchange between Jesus and the man in v18-20.
Sign up if you would like to have the Faith Church ABF Series automatically emailed to you when posted: www.faithlafayette.org/abfseries.