In our Adult Bible Fellowships we learned in our bible study over the Gospel of Mark that Mark wrote to Christians in Rome to encourage and strengthen their faith. And He focuses the narrative on two main questions.
- Who is Jesus? (1:1-8:30)
- What does Jesus expect from those who follow him? (8:31-16:8)
So far we have seen that the Gospel of Mark answers the first question as follows
- Mark 1:1-13 = Jesus is Yahweh, God Himself Come to earth
- Mark 1:14-20 = Jesus is on a mission, to call people to repent and believe in the Gospel.
- Mark 1:21-45 = Jesus has authority over Satan and Sickness
- Mark 2:1-3:6 = Jesus has authority over Sin and the Law
- Mark 3:13-4:34 = Jesus separates true followers from those who are fake.
So in preparation for ABF on Sunday please read the passages listed below and think about the following discussion questions.
- What words/phrases in the text reveals the repetition of greatness?
- What do you notice about how the disciples interacted with Jesus before and after the storm?
- What else is good about our faith being tested? cf. 1 Peter 1:7, James 1:2-4
Sign up if you would like to have the Faith Church ABF Series automatically emailed to you when posted: www.faithlafayette.org/abfseries.