In our Adult Bible Fellowships we have observed in 1 Samuel Chapter 4 that God is going to do what He says he is going to do. We also learned that we cannot manipulate God or force him to do what we want. Some takeaways from last week were:
- Cry out to God, don’t try to Control God
- Focus on God’s word, He will fulfill His word and He will use it to convict you and give you hope.
- Even if God allows difficult consequences to humble you does not mean He has abandoned you. cf. Lev 26:40-46
1 Sam 5:1-7:1 – The Ark of God and Dagon
In preparation for our lesson on Sunday please read the section listed above and make note what stands out to you in the narrative. Is there any repetition, is there any dialogue that seems particularly significant etc. Then please think about the following discussion questions.
- What stands out to you, and what does 5:1-5 teach you about God?
- What do you learn about God particularly from the result of the test the Philistines construct with the cows?
- How does God’s provision to protect the priests (Num 4:1-6, 15, 17-20) and also His judgment to strike down the men who did not follow his provision point us to Christ?
Sign up if you would like to have the Faith Church ABF Series automatically emailed to you when posted: www.faithlafayette.org/abfseries.