The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, February 19. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Paul Testifies to the Gospel in Rome
Passage: Acts 28:11–31
Principle: God sovereignly calls those He chooses through the power of the gospel
Praise: “I Love You, Lord”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- How did Paul defend himself to the Jews in Rome?
- How did the Jews respond to the gospel?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By rejoicing that God continues to send forth the gospel.
- By praying that God will give a missionary from your church boldness and the freedom to preach unhindered (Acts 28:31).
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of Acts 28:11–31.
Next Week: Revelation 1:1–20
Memory Verse: “I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?” John 11:25-26*
* Preschool verse in bold print