The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, June 5. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Jesus Has Power over Disease and Death
Passage: Matthew 9:18–26
Principle: Jesus has power over death and disease.
Praise: “J-E-S-U-S, Jesus”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- How did Jesus show compassion?
- How did the woman and Jairus demonstrate their faith?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By rejoicing that God has power over every sickness and disease.
- By repenting and believing on Jesus for salvation.
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of Matthew 9:18–26.
Next Week: Matthew 11:20–30
Memory Verse: Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies…” John 11:25*
* Preschool verse in bold print