The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, March 6. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Jesus Enters Jerusalem as King
Passage: Matthew 21–23; Zechariah 9:9
Principle: Jesus is the promised Messiah.
Praise: “King of Kings”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- What did Jesus ride into Jerusalem?
- How did the crowds treat Jesus as the promised King?
- What did Jesus do in the temple?
- Why was Jesus angry with the temple priests?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By obeying Jesus as King.
- By worshiping Jesus as Lord.
- By telling others about the Messiah.
This Week: As a family, read Matthew 21–23; Zechariah 9:9.
Next Week: Matthew 26:1–19, 36–50
Memory Verse: For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:16
*Preschool verse in bold print