The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, December 20. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Sends John the Baptist
Passage: Luke 1:5–25, 57–67, 76–80
Principle: Believers should be ready for God to fulfill His promises.
Praise: “Silent Night” (third stanza)
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Who were the parents of John the Baptist?
- Why was John’s birth so special?
- What did Zacharias say about John in Luke 1:76–80?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By worshiping God as Zacharias did.
- By being ready for God to fulfill His promises.
Next Week: Matthew 2:1–18
Memory Verse: “For nothing will be impossible with God.” Luke 1:37
*Preschool verse in bold print