The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, March 8. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Israel Rejects God’s Prophet and Priest
Passage: Numbers 16
Principle: We should obey and respect the leadership that God has established.
Praise: “Humble Thyself in the Sight of the Lord”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- What were the names of the men who did not trust God’s choice of leadership in Moses?
- How did God punish Korah, Dathan, and Abiram?
- Why did the people complain?
- Who interceded for the sins of the people?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By valuing the leadership God has put in his life.
- By not blaming leaders in difficult times.
- By learning from the Lord’s discipline.
This Week: As a family, read Numbers 16.
Next Week: Numbers 21
Memory Verses: “…all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted…” Romans 13:1-2*
* Preschool verse in bold print