“Let no one despise your youth; instead, you should be an example to the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity.”
1 Timothy 4:12
The goal of 4:TWELVE Student Ministries is to bring glory to God by winning people to Jesus Christ, equipping them to be more faithful disciples and assisting parents in raising godly teens.
This information will make you aware of everything that takes place in our Students Ministries. We realize that there is a lot that happens in our youth group. We know that if every teen tried to do everything, they would burn out in a hurry; therefore, it is our desire to provide several options for you to choose what fits best in your family’s schedule. Our hope is that the Bible studies, outreach, activities and resources will allow us to partner with you as we seek to train teens to be an examples of believers.
- June 22-26, 6:00-8:00pm
- The LOFT in the Faith East Community Center
- Junior high students and friends
- This is like Vacation Bible School for teens. Each night we enjoy a time of worship, games, devotionals, and snacks. We encourage all of our junior high teens to bring as many friends as possible to this event.
Word of Life Reverb
- A Friday evening-Saturday morning in mid-November
- This all-night activity includes a Pacer’s game, bowling, laser tag, archery tag, pizza, soccer fields, and basketball courts at the Incrediplex in Indianapolis.
- Early bird sign up is about $55; signing up last minute is about $75 dollars.
- Ask about the discounts offered if you bring a friend who normally does not attend church.
- We will also be presenting a short challenge, which will allow each teen present to hear the Gospel message.
- Since this is one of the favorite activities and very well attended, we always encourage parents to join us to help chaperone along with our youth leader chaperones.
- Watch for updates of new activities in the weekly newsletter or website (http://www.faithlafayette.org/church/ministries/student_ministries/bible_study_and_activities ).
- We try to keep these activities at a low cost so we may spend time building relationships with the rest of the group.
- Some upcoming activities might include a concert, capture the flag, paintball, inflatables, etc.
Faith Community Response Team
- We have many opportunities to show the love of Christ to our Lafayette neighbors through this ministry team. Some of the services we offer throughout the year include:
- raking leaves
- cleaning gutters
- shoveling snow
- helping people move
- Contact Pastor Johnny if you are interested in serving in this way (email@example.com)
- First Friday night of each month (excluding January)
- The Faith East Community Center.
- This is a great opportunity for us to serve our families in the community by offering free childcare to allow couples to go on a date, run errands, etc.
- Those who serve are invited to stay until 10:00pm for a teen activity as a thank you for serving.