The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, September 14. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Tests Abraham
Passage: Genesis 22:1–19; Hebrews 11:17–19
Principle: God calls Christians to trust Him completely and above all else.
Praise: “Trust and Obey”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- How did God test Abraham’s faith?
- Did Abraham trust God to provide the sacrifice?
- Did Abraham love God more than he loved Isaac?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By obeying God’s Word, no matter what the cost.
- By trusting God to help him obey.
- By praying for God’s help in times of testing.
This Week: As a family, read Genesis 22:1–19; Hebrews 11:17–19.
Next Week: Genesis 25:21–26; 27:1–29
Memory Verses: “And without faith it is impossible to please [God], for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.” Hebrews 11:6*
* Preschool verse in bold print