The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, June 22. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Creates a New Heaven and New Earth
Passage: Revelation 21:1–8, 22–27; 22:12–17
Principle: Believers should be encouraged by and preparing for the coming of Christ.
Praise: “Shout to the Lord”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- What will the new heavens, new earth, and New Jerusalem be like?
- Why are Jesus’ return and the new creation encouraging to believers?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By living a godly life as he eagerly waits for Christ’s return.
- By being encouraged that Christ is coming quickly.
This Week: As a family, read Revelation 21:1–8, 22–27; 22:12–17.
Memory Verse: …these [things] have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name. John 20:31
* Preschool verse in bold print