Thank you, Race for Hope Runners and Walkers for all of your hard work so far raising money for Vision of Hope. We are within ONE MONTH of the big event, so it is time for all of us to start receiving weekly updates about the progress toward our fundraising goals.
Vision of Hope has the goal of raising $40,000 in this year’s event. We hope to do that by recruiting 40 teams who each have the goal of raising $1,000 for the ministry.
Results as of today
Vision of Hope has 91 registered participants on 29 different teams. As of today, we have collectively raised $5,936. That is such a great start toward our goal!
We need 11 more teams to reach our team goal. We are $34,064 away from reaching our fundraising goal. We can do it!!!
Please be asking friends and family to consider forming a new team for Vision of Hope. We need to get as close to our team goal as possible to succeed in meeting our overall fundraising goal.
Here’s the bragging rights for this week:
- Top individual fundraiser for VOH for May 17th – Karla Lane $497 (wins a $5 Starbucks card for this week for being in first place)
- Top ten list for individual fundraisers:
- Karla Lane – $497
- Stephanie Burkholder – $320
- Deb Trilus – $300
- Bethany Spence – $275
- Sarah Landolt – $225
- Janice Myer – $185
- Stephanie Joy Van Ommeren – $180
- Tied for 8th – Rachel Bailey, Laura Craun, and Janessa Bjornstad – $175
- Tied for 9th – Nickey Barnhizer, Karalee Brand, Heather Starkweather, and
Abbey MacArthur – $150
- Kayla Hale – $135
- Top team for VOH for May 17th – Hope for the Future $1037 (WHOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!)
- Top ten teams:
- Hope for the Future – $1,037
- Jolly Ranchers – $510
- Friends and Family Love VOH! – $510
- Hebrews 12:1 – $400
- Glimmer of Hope – $353
- Got Hope? – $300
- Tied for 7th place – There’s No “I” in Team – $275 and Team Starkey – $275
- Hopeful Harmony – $260
- The Surrendered – $250
- Clay in HIS Hands (Isaiah 64:8) – $225
This Week’s Advice –
This week the best advice I can give you for making the most of May is the advice to encourage you to add as many team members to each team as possible. The more people on each team, the more likely you will be to reach the $1,000 goal each team has set. As we learn so often at VOH, lots of servants make the work go quickly. Remember… 10 people on a team, each raising $100, will result in a $1,000 team.
Thank you again for being involved to raise money to support the work that Vision of Hope is doing to serve hurting girls. We are so thankful for your support. Look for another update on Friday, May 24th. I wonder if anyone will be able to catch up with Miss Karla!!!