The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, June 10. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Israel Rejects God’s Plan
Passage: Numbers 13–14
Principle: God’s plans always are best.
Praise: “Great Is Thy Faithfulness”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Why did Moses send spies into Canaan?
- How many spies did he send?
- What kind of report did the spies bring back?
- Which spies trusted the Lord?
- How did God punish the Israelites?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By thanking God for His promises.
- By obeying God’s instructions.
- By trusting that God’s plan is best.
This Week: As a family, read Numbers 13–14.
Next Week: Numbers 16
Memory Verse: Proverbs 3:5-6
“Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.”