The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, February 26. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Preserves Israel
Passage: Exodus 15:22–17:7
Principle: God is merciful and good.
Praise: “Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Why did God test Israel?
- Why did the Israelites grumble and complain?
- What food did God provide for the Israelites?
- What happened when some of the Israelites broke God’s command concerning the manna?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By confessing grumbling and complaining attitudes.
- By trusting that God will provide.
- By trusting that God’s Word is good.
This Week: As a family, read Exodus 15:22–17:7.
Next Week: Exodus 19
Key Verse: Exodus 15:26
“If you diligently heed the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians.”