The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, November 27. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
God Promises to Send the Messiah, Part Two
Passage: Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18–25, 2:1–12; Micah 5:2
Principle: Jesus is the Messiah.
Praise: “Away in a Manger”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Who were the prophets?
- What did they say would happen?
- Did their prophecies come to pass?
- Where was the Messiah born?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By humbly obeying Christ, the King.
- By trusting that God keeps all His promises.
- By worshiping Jesus as Lord and Savior.
This Week: As a family, read Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18–25, 2:1–12; Micah 5:2
Next Week: Matthew 1:18–25; Luke 1:26–38
Key Verse: Isaiah 7:14
“Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel.”