We are almost half way through the book of Acts. I thought I would offer this week a two minute recap of where we have been and how Acts could be impacting our lives. Here are five questions from the book of Acts for your life:
- Are you genuinely living life together (Acts 2:42-47 and 4:32-35)? If you have not shared any time or stuff with others the answer must honestly be no.
- There have been some amazing conversion stories. Are you faithfully praying and seeking to share Christ with others, despite how unlikely it seems to you that they will come to Jesus? (Acts 2:37-41, Acts 4:5, Acts 9)
- Has opposition and difficulty given you more reason to lean on Christ and share your experience with others, or have the challenges encouraged you to become silent? Remember that Pastor Viars encouraged us, “when you have trials, find a Samaritan!”
- Has Rhoda walked in the room and have you recognized her? Sometimes we pray like the church in Acts 12 and then accuse others of being “out of their mind” when the Lord answers. Have we learned from the church in Acts 12 and looked for the opportunities that the Lord gives?
- Are you getting involved? Acts is the story of the early church growing from a small band of twelve in Jerusalem to thousands upon thousands all over the known world. Could that story be the story in your town? Are you doing all you can so that the church is accomplishing the mission?
Every now and then a quick review is a good thing. I hope these two minutes lead you to greater application of the great book we have been studying.