As a church family, we need to always be depending on the Lord. We understand that unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain that build it (Psalm 127:1). And we believe that the effective prayer of a righteous person can accomplish much because our God delights in hearing and answering the prayers of his people (James 5:16).
How this Prayer Wall works
You can choose to post your requests by name or anonymously, and, if you choose the “Email Me When Someone Prays” option, you’ll receive a notification each time someone lifts you up in prayer and clicks on the “I PRAYED FOR THIS” button.
Recommendations for Prayer Time
- Pray Alone: Our Lord encourages us by his own example and teaching the importance of personal time with God and praying in private (Mark 1:35; Matt. 6:6; Luke 9:18).
- Pray Out Loud: We recommend praying out loud if possible, as this will help you stay focused in your time of prayer and mitigate mental drift. Christ prayed out loud while he was in the garden in time of great temptation (Luke 22:39-46). Verbally meditating on Scripture and recounting your prayers to the Lord is helpful.
- Pray Using Your Whole Body: Prayer demonstrates dependence on the Lord. Physical kneeling, lying face down, standing and lifting hands before the Lord in a humble posture are possible outward expressions of our hearts as we worship and honor the Lord. These various outward acts can help us set our focus on the Lord in times of prayer (2 Sam. 7:18; Psalm 95:6; 2 Chron. 23:30; Dan. 6:10; Matt. 26:39).
- Pray with a List and Pray Scripture: Pray with a list using Scripture to guide you so that you have a plan and know the specific things that the Lord encourages you to pray. This helps you prioritize the Lord’s interests and prevents you from neglecting certain areas of life. Below are some recommendations for time in prayer.
God to be glorified and honored in the world (Ps. 57:5; Matt. 6:9)
Unity in the church (John 17:20-23)
Salvation of the lost as God’s word goes forth through the preaching of his word about Jesus Christ (Isa. 55; Rom. 10:8-13)
Wisdom, knowledge, and insight to discern the times and please the Lord in our decisions with reopening our church (Phil. 1:9-10; James 1:5)
Leaders of local, state, and federal government (1 Tim. 2:1-2)
Daily provision for needs (Matt. 6:11; Phil. 4:19)
Open doors for effective ministry to share the gospel with boldness and clarity (Col. 4:3-4)
Forgiveness for sin and protection from temptation (Matt. 6:12-13)
Perseverance, strength, and healing for suffering (Col. 1:12; James 5:15)
Personal holiness and to bear much fruit (John 15:8; Gal. 5:22)
Following are requests from our church family members for which you can be praying. Or, if you have something for which you’d like us to pray, please share your request using the button below.
Lilia Joy was born to Michael & Jennifer Cantu
- Anita Burkhalter’s brother, Norval Ward
- Jeff & Shana Chilcott’s son and Jeffery Chilcott’s brother, Jacob
- Brenda Thomas
You may add your prayer request to our prayer wall using the form below. Once your prayer request is received, we will share it according to your instructions. Feel free to submit as many prayer requests as you like!
Please pray for my niece Lauren who is pregnant with twins. She is not due until the last of December but was admitted to the hospital yesterday with complications. They are treating her with magnesium to help replace the sack around one of the babies and with antibiotics as well. Heartbeats are good, she is not in labor and has not dialated, thankfully. Praying that she can at least hold on for a couple of more weeks, at which point she will have a C-section. Thank you for your prayers.
Received: October 12, 2021
So, the follow up is Stage 3 Kidney disease, which can and hopefully will improve. CTCA follow up in 3 months. Nephrology appointments will be local. Tumor was on it's way to becoming cancerous, so it is good it is gone. Recovery is going as expected, not as quickly as I would like. Thank you for all the prayers and kind words and thoughts.
Received: October 6, 2021
My father, Don Hankins, is having knee replacement surgery for one of his knees on Tuesday, October 5, in the morning. He is a Christian and is strong in the faith. Please pray for my father's recovery.
Received: October 4, 2021
Update to post on Sept 22: Kidney removal was successful and I am weaning off of pain meds and hoping to return to work very soon. Thank you to everyone for the prayers!
Received: October 1, 2021
Please pray for our niece, B. She is in ICU since 9/26 in Indy. She has COVID, and is 27 weeks pregnant. She has a one year old at home as well. Pray that through God's faithfulness that he would reveal himself to my niece and her fiance, that he would heal her and allow the baby to be born safely at the appropriate time. That God would sustain is through this trial.