As a church family, we need to always be depending on the Lord. We understand that unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain that build it (Psalm 127:1). And we believe that the effective prayer of a righteous person can accomplish much because our God delights in hearing and answering the prayers of his people (James 5:16).
How this Prayer Wall works
You can choose to post your requests by name or anonymously, and, if you choose the “Email Me When Someone Prays” option, you’ll receive a notification each time someone lifts you up in prayer and clicks on the “I PRAYED FOR THIS” button.
Recommendations for Prayer Time
- Pray Alone: Our Lord encourages us by his own example and teaching the importance of personal time with God and praying in private (Mark 1:35; Matt. 6:6; Luke 9:18).
- Pray Out Loud: We recommend praying out loud if possible, as this will help you stay focused in your time of prayer and mitigate mental drift. Christ prayed out loud while he was in the garden in time of great temptation (Luke 22:39-46). Verbally meditating on Scripture and recounting your prayers to the Lord is helpful.
- Pray Using Your Whole Body: Prayer demonstrates dependence on the Lord. Physical kneeling, lying face down, standing and lifting hands before the Lord in a humble posture are possible outward expressions of our hearts as we worship and honor the Lord. These various outward acts can help us set our focus on the Lord in times of prayer (2 Sam. 7:18; Psalm 95:6; 2 Chron. 23:30; Dan. 6:10; Matt. 26:39).
- Pray with a List and Pray Scripture: Pray with a list using Scripture to guide you so that you have a plan and know the specific things that the Lord encourages you to pray. This helps you prioritize the Lord’s interests and prevents you from neglecting certain areas of life. Below are some recommendations for time in prayer.
God to be glorified and honored in the world (Ps. 57:5; Matt. 6:9)
Unity in the church (John 17:20-23)
Salvation of the lost as God’s word goes forth through the preaching of his word about Jesus Christ (Isa. 55; Rom. 10:8-13)
Wisdom, knowledge, and insight to discern the times and please the Lord in our decisions with reopening our church (Phil. 1:9-10; James 1:5)
Leaders of local, state, and federal government (1 Tim. 2:1-2)
Daily provision for needs (Matt. 6:11; Phil. 4:19)
Open doors for effective ministry to share the gospel with boldness and clarity (Col. 4:3-4)
Forgiveness for sin and protection from temptation (Matt. 6:12-13)
Perseverance, strength, and healing for suffering (Col. 1:12; James 5:15)
Personal holiness and to bear much fruit (John 15:8; Gal. 5:22)
Following are requests from our church family members for which you can be praying. Or, if you have something for which you’d like us to pray, please share your request using the button below.
- Christian Bright’s father
- Barbie German
- Anita Hoehne
You may add your prayer request to our prayer wall using the form below. Once your prayer request is received, we will share it according to your instructions. Feel free to submit as many prayer requests as you like!
Barry's Dad, Duane VandeBrake 93, went to be with the Lord today. He was a believer.
Received: January 8, 2022
Last Evening, I Started running a low grade fever.
Update 12.28.21, I tested positive for COVID-19. Thank You All for Your Prayers.
Update 12.29.21, I've been admitted into Franciscan Hospital
Update 1.1.22 - I do not have Covid, but I do have a viral infection and a leak in one of my heart valves. Thank you for your your calls and prayers.
Update 1.4.22 - I'm being discharged tomorrow to Creasy Springs.
Update 1.19.22 - Thank you for praying, I am home!
Received: December 26, 2021
Melanie Portlock's father, John Cones, was in a bad car accident tonight and is being life lined to St. Vincent in Indianapolis. Please pray for him, the doctors and nurses, and his family.
Received: December 22, 2021
Please pray for my mom’s dear friend and her husband. Dan & Betty we’re diagnosed with Covid over a week ago. Betty has been in the hospital for almost a week now and Dan was admitted into the hospital today. Both Dan & Betty have significant health issues as well. Please also pray for their daughter, Susan, who has been exposed to Covid while caring for Dan this past week. Thank you!
Received: December 21, 2021
Please pray for my daughter and I. She was diagnosed with Covid and I am showing symptoms. I have been vaccinated but she has not. She has other health issues as well. Thank you