The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, October 9. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
The Holy Spirit Arrives
Passage: Acts 2:1–47
Principle: Those who trust in Christ receive the Holy Spirit.
Praise: “There Is a Redeemer”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- What happened on the day of Pentecost?
- What were the characteristics of those who were saved?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By testifying to Jesus’ death, resurrection, and ascension.
- By sharing with saints who have needs.
This Week: As a family, read Acts 2:1–47.
Next Week: Acts 3:1–4:31
Memory Verse: “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” Acts 2:38*
* Preschool verse in bold print