The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, July 10. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Jesus Walks on the Water
Passage: Matthew 14:22–34
Principle: Jesus is God and has authority over nature.
Praise: “He Is Lord”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- What miracles did Jesus perform in today’s lesson?
- Why did the disciples worship Jesus?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By keeping his focus on Christ.
- By demonstrating his trust in Jesus by serving and obeying Him.
This Week: As a family, read selected portions of Matthew 14:22–34.
Next Week: Matthew 16:13–17, 21–27
Memory Verse: Then those who were in the boat came and worshiped Him, saying, “Truly You are the Son of God.” Matthew 14:33*
* Preschool verse in bold print