The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, December 18. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
The King Is Preserved
Passage: Matthew 2:13–23
Principle: God sovereignly protected Jesus from harm.
Praise: “What Child Is This?”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- How did God keep Jesus safe from Herod and other wicked men?
- In what ways were Mary and Joseph obedient, and why was their obedience important?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By trusting God and relying on His protection and guidance every day.
- By obeying God’s Word and other authorities without delay or debate.
This Week: As a family, read Matthew 2:13–23.
Next Week: Christmas Movie
In Two Weeks: Acts 10:1–11:18
Memory Verses: “And Jesus kept increasing in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.” Luke 2:52*
* Preschool verse in bold print