The following lesson was taught in our children’s Sunday School classes on Sunday, April 9. We would encourage you to use the ideas below to review Sunday’s lesson with your family.
Jesus Endures the Cross
Passage: Matthew 27
Principle: Jesus died for sin, giving access to God.
Praise: “Jesus Paid It All”
Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
- Who mocked Jesus?
- What did the soldiers do to Jesus?
- How did Jesus die?
- What happened when Jesus died?
- Why did Jesus die?
Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
- By praising Jesus for suffering and dying for sin.
- By trusting Jesus for forgiveness of sin.
- By thanking Jesus for allowing us to come to God.
This Week: As a family, read Matthew 27.
Next Week: Matthew 28
Memory Verse: Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God. 1 Peter 3:18a*
* Preschool verse in bold print