In our Adult Bible Fellowships we have observed in our Study of 1 Samuel that God’s strength is what we need. We strengthen ourselves in the Lord by reminding ourselves of His promises and character. He is sovereign and moves in big ways using small details, and gives grace upon grace to His people as he opposes His enemies.
- Learn to strengthen yourself in the Lord whether you have friends around you or when enemies surround you.
- Commit to seeing God at work and recognizing small opportunities to glorify Him.
- Thank Him for His bountiful grace in Christ and in your life and then give grace to others.
1 Samuel 31 – God’s Honor
In preparation for our lesson on Sunday please read the section listed above and observe what stands out to you in the narrative.
Also, please think about the following discussion questions:
- How do you see God dishonored in this chapter?
- How does your view of God deepen when you think about the fact that He will allow Himself to be dishonored in the short term in order to Glorify Himself in the Long term?
- Why did the men of Jabesh Gilead walk all night to take Saul and his sons bodies down. cf. 1 Sam. 11
- What are practical ways we can focus on God’s honor above our own?
Sign up if you would like to have the Faith Church ABF Series automatically emailed to you when posted: www.faithlafayette.org/abfseries.