In our Adult Bible Fellowships we have observed in our Study of 1 Samuel that, although we may cover ourselves with princely garments or go incognito, the Lord looks at the heart, and He sees a heart that longs for or despises His word, His direction…Him.
- We have access to God’s revealed word in an unprecedented way in human history…do you ignore it or do you consume it, listen to it and obey it?
- There is something worse than going thru really tough trials with God’s help…God opposing you (James 4:6)
- Christ was forsaken so that you and I would never be forsaken…so if you feel forsaken, cry out to God based on the merits of Christ?
1 Samuel 29 – God provides a way of Escape
In preparation for our lesson on Sunday please read the section listed above and observe what stands out to you in the narrative.
Also, please think about the following discussion questions:
- What are the blessings and the challenges of God working in non-overt ways?
- What instrument did God use for deliverance for David?
- How do we tend to try to know the mind of the Lord or try to be his counselor? What should we do instead?
“Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways! For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who became His counselor? Or who has first given to Him that it might be paid back to him again? For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen.” (Romans 11:33–36)
Sign up if you would like to have the Faith Church ABF Series automatically emailed to you when posted: www.faithlafayette.org/abfseries.